Data by Design Chapter Navline Implementation
I’ve been working on the implementation of the chapter navigation line.
Here are some features listed:
- Blocks/Nodes with different colors represent different types of visualization, where their position in the navline is determined by their position in the chapter.
- The user is able to scroll through the chapter and having their reading progress represented by the colored part of the navline.
- The user’s current location is indicated by a separate block/node on the navline.
- The user’s highlight(linked to the notebook) is represented by a separate column of blocks/nodes (peabody and dubois) or its background (playfair). The transparency of the blocks/nodes/background color is determined by the number of highlights attached to the subsection.
- Able to hover over the block/node and able to jump to the visualization location in the chapter by clicking.